IFB Research Foundation
In this section:
IFB Research Foundation Charity no. 1134085
The IFB Research Foundation is established to foster greater knowledge and understanding of family firms and their contribution to the economy and society, as well as the key challenges and opportunities that they face.
The Research Foundation is the only UK charity dedicated to promoting a greater knowledge and understanding of family firms. We are a centre of excellence for family business research.
With a particular focus on the family business sector, we work to benefit the public and to advance education in business and management.
“Since the establishment of our charity in 2008 we have built up a reputation as the UK’s centre of excellence for family business research. Our objective is to ensure the UK family business sector benefits from a sustained programme of family business research.” – Sir Michael Bibby, Chairman, IFB Research Foundation
What We Do
The IFB Research Foundation’s publications are designed to create a better understanding of family business, for the benefit of all. Our work covers a broad range of research and publications including:
- IFB Family Business Sector Report – benchmarking the size and importance of the sector.
- IFB Family Business White Papers – thought leadership reports on the behavioural characteristics of family firms.
- IFB Family Business Case Studies – showcasing successful family business exemplars.
- IFB Family Business Challenge Guides – a range of practical guides on key family business issues supplemented by a free online resource offering practical advice.
We disseminate our knowledge and best practice guidance through printed publications available for purchase, and online through the IFB website.
We further understanding of best practice within family businesses by seeking fresh insights into the sector – for the benefit of all stakeholders. Our research is focused on understanding:
- The contribution of the sector to employment, economic development and national wealth.
- The characteristics that distinguish family businesses: long-term stewardship; entrepreneurship and innovation; sustainability; and next-generation engagement.
"The IFB Research Foundation focuses on important and fresh topics and I have used its results and insights in my teaching and writing. The researchers it commissions are world-class and the Foundation's work is making a significant difference." John L Ward, Professor of Family Enterprises at Kellogg School of Management (USA) and Founding Principal, The Family Business Consulting Group
Our work is generously supported by a consortium of Research Foundation Benefactors. The Board is seeking to expand this group to ensure that our support for the family business sector can continue and to reach a growing audience while maintaining our high standards. To find out more about supporting the Foundation, please download the prospectus found at the bottom of this page.
Contact the Research Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org