Family Council Masterclass
2nd October 2018, 10:00 - 14:30
Event Venue: Broadway House, Tothill Street, London, SW1H 9NQ
Price to attend: IFB Members £125, Non-members £175
Join us for an interactive masterclass, where we’ll explore the core benefits and challenges of setting up and managing a family council.
Broadway House, Tothill Street, London, SW1H 9NQ
Good communication is key for the smooth running of your family business and for healthy relationships within the family. One of the channels that can help you structure and strengthen communication between the family and the business, and discuss important family business issues effectively, is setting up a Family Council.
Join us in London on 2 October 2018 for an interactive masterclass, where we’ll explore the core benefits and challenges of setting up and managing a family council. This event will be useful if you are thinking to set up a family council, as well as if you already have one.
- Benefits of establishing an effective Family Council;
- How to keep your Family Council relevant through the years;
- Experiences and insights of other Family Councils;
- Agendas and what should be discussed in Family Council meetings;
- What can go wrong and common blockages;
- How you bring everyone up to date so Councils can have informed discussions;
- How to select people to sit on the Council;
- How the Council relates to other parts of the family business system
We’ll look at some real, yet different case studies and explore strategic questions like: Why were Family Councils needed? How do they work? What do they focus on? How do they interact with the Board and on what?
Through interactive discussions and a panel of experienced family council members, you’ll also get useful tips on:
- How you can manage different knowledge levels around the table and ensure everyone has sufficient information for informed discussions
- Common challenges and how they can be dealt with
- How you can evaluate your family council
Panellists: Inge Flowers (Bradford & Sons) and Angus Oughtred (William Jackson Food Group)
Facilitator: Juliette Johnson (Juliette Johnson Consultancy)
COST OF THE EVENT: IFB Members £125, Non-members £175
Please Note: All delegates will receive an invoice for payment on confirmation of booking.
THERE ARE ONLY A FEW PLACES LEFT AT THIS EVENT. BOOK NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.
IFB: Changes, Cancellations and Postponements
- Payment must be received in full prior to the event. Cancellations must be received in writing, and will incur the following charges: Cancellations received prior to 1 August 2018 will be eligible for a 50% refund less an administrative charge of £10. Cancellations received after 1 August 2018 will not be eligible for refund.
- Whilst our event agendas are correct at the time of publication, in certain circumstances it may be necessary for IFB to alter the content, format, venue or timing of an event. All delegates will be notified of such changes prior to the event.
- In exceptional circumstances IFB may need to postpone or cancel an event. We will notify you as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation. IFB will not be liable to you for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by you as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
- If you cannot attend an event for which you have registered, please contact us on 0207 630 6250 or at email@example.com. We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place and all amendments must be received at least 24 hours before the event with the name, job title and contact email for the replacement delegate.
- Register Interest