Trusts in Family Business
29th January 2019, 18:00 - 19:30
Event Venue: Burges Salmon, One Glass Wharf, Bristol BS2 0ZX
This event in collaboration with Burges Salmon will explore the advantages and challenges of setting up a trust in a family business.
One Glass Wharf
Trusts can be a very useful tool to preserve wealth, but one that can be challenging to manage for many business families. Moving to a trust alters ownership dynamics and running one can lead to role conflict and owners feeling disenfranchised.
This roundtable conversation in collaboration with independent UK law firm Burges Salmon will explore the important subject of setting up a trust in family business, addressing key opportunities and challenges involved in this process.
You'll hear Geoffrey Bibby, Family NED at Bibby Line Group, and Jim Aveline, Partner at Burges Salmon.
- An understanding of the benefits of setting up family trusts
- The pitfalls of family trusts and how they can be avoided
- How you should choose your trustees and how to work effectively with them
- practical planning tips that will help you run a trust
5.30pm, Welcome and Registration
7.30pm, Close & Networking Drinks
This event is in collaboration with
IFB: Changes, Cancellations and Postponements
- Whilst our event agendas are correct at the time of publication, in certain circumstances it may be necessary for IFB to alter the content, format, venue or timing of an event. All delegates will be notified of such changes prior to the event.
- In exceptional circumstances IFB may need to postpone or cancel an event. We will notify you as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation. IFB will not be liable to you for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by you as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
- If you cannot attend an event for which you have registered, please contact us on 0207 630 6250 or at email@example.com. We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place and all amendments must be received at least 24 hours before the event with the name, job title and contact email for the replacement delegate.
- Register Interest