Family Business Branding and Innovation Summit
13th May 2014
Owners and senior executives of the UKs leading family firms will gather in London to discuss how to support innovation and branding success in their businesses.
On Thursday 5 June 2014 the largest single gathering of UK family business leaders will come together for two days of talks and workshops in London for the 13th Institute for Family Business with UCG (IFB) National Conference.
The summit will focus on leveraging family as a competitive advantage in business. Workshops and speakers will cover issues including branding, governance, innovation, next generation, culture and values. Family businesses shape the profile of most economies, and this conference will help families establish how to use their 'familiness' as an advantage.
Mark Hastings, IFB with UCG Director General, says: "Many of the UK's most recognised and loved brands are family businesses. Through their long history's they have innovated, adapted and grown. I'm delighted that this conference will provide family firms with an opportunity to come together to share their own stories, and give them ideas for how they will take their company to the next level, and continue to innovate for a successful future. This is a must for family firms of all shapes, ages and sizes."
Sponsored by KPMG, Withers and Smith and Williamson, the conference will host leading business figures and academics in a challenging series of workshops and speaking events. Speakers include:
- Joe Astrachan - This leading family business academic will be talking about nurturing family business cohesion.
- David Gram -Marketing Director in LEGO Group's Future Lab. Future Lab is a 30 people strong concept and product development department tasked with inventing the future of play.
- Andy Rubin- The CEO of Pentland Brands, one of the world's leading brand management busineses, will showcase how Pentland uses their brand to attract the best talent.
- Mark Simester- Marketing Director for Warburtons will tell the story of Warburtons growth, innovation and the role of the family behind it.
- Robin Wight- Robin will demonstrate how to translate and live the values of a conviction brand with examples from family businesses around the world.
Open to both members and non members, the IFB with UCG National Conference is the ideal place to meet and share experiences between family business owners and senior executives. The IFB's signature philosophy of networking and leaning, without the distraction of intrusive sales pitches, means delegates are free to focus on the conference theme: 'Leveraging Family as a Competitive Advantage in Business'.
Rates for the whole conference and gala dinner start from £650, discounts rates are available for IFB Members, next generation and early bird bookings. Delegates can also choose to attend single days of the conference, or just the gala dinner.
For further information on the conference, with more detail on the programme, speakers and theme, please visit our dedicated website:http://www.ifbnationalconference.org.uk