WHAT OUR MEMBERS SAY
Owning a family business has many benefits, but we know from experience that there are challenges too. Whether you are trying to engage your children, preparing to pass the business on, wondering how you could improve your family’s relationship with the business, or dealing with family disputes, we are here to help.
Whatever your reason for joining, there are many benefits to working with our expert team and being part of our growing community of business families.
- Tailored connections and support from leading family businesses
- Free access to our programme of events
- Extra-discounted rates to the annual IFB conference
- Free membership to our international networks FBN and EFB
- Dedicated support for the Next Generation and the NowGen (new leaders in the family business)
- Advice, insights and research on key family business challenges
- Development opportunities for the Next Generation though our internship programme
How Membership Works
Membership is open to any UK family business, regardless of your size, location or stage of the journey you are at. You must have an operating family owned business or family office to be eligible for membership.
IFB membership is company and family wide, which means there is no limit on the number of family members or senior managers who can engage with IFB.
Membership is not open to professional service providers, as IFB provides a non-solicitous environment for family business owners to meet and talk openly.
We have a tiered fee structure, based on a company’s annual turnover as outlined below:
Below £50m £2,070 +VAT
Between 50m and £150m £2,730 +VAT
Between £150m and £500m £3,295 +VAT
Above £500m £3,820 +VAT
New members are charged an election fee of £295 + VAT, payable once upon application.