Why Join Us
IFB membership gives you access to a supportive network of like-minded people who can provide advice, experience and expertise.
You'll be part of an open, independent network based on trust and mutual respect.
We are the voice of family business. The volume of our voice within Government grows stronger and more relevant as our membership grows.
We work to ensure that Government is aware of what family businesses need and that there is a consistent and fair approach to policy development which, if unchecked, could have a significant impact on the operations of family businesses.
Consider the IFB as a cost effective extension to your business. Joining the IFB you have the opportunity to shape our advocacy agenda.
We keep an open dialogue with Government to ensure the voice of family business is heard, understood and has the impact it deserves.
Areas of focus include:
- Policy developed in response to critical circumstances such as Covid-19
- Business Property Relief (BPR) and Inheritance tax
- The impact of the Pension Regulator decisions on Defined Benefit Pension schemes
- Corporate Governance
We raise awareness of the incredible contribution family businesses make to the economy and the important role they play in our communities. Find out more about family business.
Family businesses face common challenges. Our community provides expertise and support on key issues including:
- Managing multi-generation family dynamics
- Succession planning
- Engaging the Next Generation
- Transition to non-family execs
- Family Governance
- Developing a family constitution
- Effective mediation of contentious situations
The IFB provides much more. Find the full range of benefits available to IFB members here.
WHAT OUR MEMBERS SAY
- Tailored connections and support from leading family businesses
- Free access to our programme of events
- Extra-discounted rates to the annual IFB conference
- Free membership to our international networks FBN and EFB, with exclusive access to a series of international activities and online events
- Dedicated support for the Next Generation and the NowGen (new leaders in the family business)
- Advice, insights and research on key family business challenges
- Development opportunities for the Next Generation though our internship programme
How Membership Works
Membership is open to any UK family business, regardless of your size, location or stage of the journey you are at. You must have an operating family owned business or family office to be eligible for membership.
IFB membership is company and family wide, which means there is no limit on the number of family members or senior managers who can engage with IFB.
Membership is not open to professional service providers, as IFB provides a non-solicitous environment for family business owners to meet and talk openly.
We have a tiered fee structure, based on a company’s annual turnover as outlined below:
Below £50m £2,070 +VAT
Between 50m and £150m £2,730 +VAT
Between £150m and £500m £3,295 +VAT
Above £500m £3,820 +VAT
New members are charged an election fee of £295 + VAT, payable once upon application.