COVID-19 Guidance for Northern Irish Businesses
1st April 2020
UK Government guidance
The Government has collected all information relating to guidance and support available for Norther Irish businesses during the COVID-19 crisis. This includes:
- Guidance for employers and employees
- Government Support available to NI businesses:
• Businesses will receive government grants worth up to 80% of wages to keep workers in jobs. The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme will pay up to £2,500 per worker each month.
• Support for businesses through the Business Interruption Loan Scheme, which will provide loans of up to £5m, with no interest due for 12 months. This scheme will be delivered through the British Business Bank.
• VAT payments for the next quarter will be deferred, so no business will pay any VAT for the next three months.
• Self-Employed Income Support Scheme, which will see self-employed eligible to receive a cash grant worth 80% of their average monthly trading profit over the last three years, bringing parity with Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.
Northern irish government guidance
Guidance from the NI Department of Economy, available here.
Further guidance on NI executive support compiled by Invest Northern Ireland.
Please note that, as official guidance is updated often, businesses should seek their specific guidance where relevant and applicable.