COVID-19 Guidance for Welsh Businesses
1st April 2020
uk government support GUIDANCE
The Government has collected all information relating to guidance and support available for Welsh businesses during the COVID-19 crisis. This includes:
- Guidance for employers and employees
- Government Support available to Wales businesses:
• Support for businesses through the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme via the British Business Bank. The scheme will be interest free for 12 months.
• Businesses will receive government grants worth up to 80% of wages to keep workers in jobs. The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme will pay up to £2,500 per worker each month, helping those who are self-isolating or caring for loved ones.
• Millions of people across the UK could benefit from the new Self-Employed Income Support Scheme, with those eligible receiving a cash grant worth 80% of their average monthly trading profit.
• Businesses will be given an additional 3 months to file accounts with Companies House to help companies avoid penalties as they deal with the impact of COVID-19.
- How you can help
Welsh Government support guidance
Welsh Government support and guidance, available here.
Additional Grants and financial and support announced under the £100m Covid-19 Wales Business Loan Scheme. Find out more here.
Please note that, as official guidance is updated often, businesses should seek their specific guidance where relevant and applicable.